« Home | Here we go »

Technical "support"

I just bought a digital camera that was supposed to be easy to use. Just load up this CD and plug the thing and you're good to go. I'm the first to admit that I'm a computer retard, but it sounded simple enough. I should have known better. Everything seemed to be fine, but the computer couldn't find the camera. I asked all my computer friends and they couldn't figure it out. I called technical "support" and the idiot reading the script didnt' have a clue and only told me to do what I, computer retard that I am, had already tried. A day later, the "senior" technician called to say that of course it wasn't working, because you can't load the driver onto Windows XP or there will be an error. Everyone with XP apparently has this problem because they are too stupid or lazy to put this information into the manual, the troubleshooting guide or tell their lame customer service representatives!!!

Makes you want to buy one of their products again....hmmmmm

Nice that they would make a product that is supposedly "plug and play" but not for the most common operating system out there these days..nice marketing on their part...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

After three phone calls to customer support, she actually emailed me with this helpful gem:

"For XP users, don't download the software"

I wonder how much they pay her to dispense that level of wisdom?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mind Sprite
  • From Portland, Oregon
  • I'm just a round girl in a square world looking for a little peace of mind
My profile

Previous posts