« Home | Technical "support" » | Here we go »

Coconuts

I am going to a costume party on April Fool's Day that is partially inspired by Monty Python. I had the great idea of everyone in our group of friends having a pair of coconut halves on strings on their belts so that whenever we moved en masse, we click them together like the brilliant lads in the Holy Grail. Everybody thought it was a great idea, but nobody seemed inclined to actually do anything about it. I went in search of coconut bikini tops because they are half circles, dried and already have holes in them. There must have been a rush on them in town, because I only found one anywhere and it was $8! That was obviously too much for a joke, so I looked online. I found some cheaper ones but wasn't sure I could ship them here in time or that my friends would actually reimburse me. At a party store, I found these coconut shaped plastic containers that, with a little paint, will be perfect! When I emailed my friends to be sure they would pay me back, one of them suggested that we get real coconuts and eat them - cheaper and more fun, she says. Now I have watched Survivor many times and I know how hard it is to get a coconut open, much less cut it precisely in half. So I told her if she wanted to get a machete, cut six coconuts in half, clean them out and dry them, all by next Friday, she was welcome to try. As for myself, I am going to drill a little hole in my plastic coconut, paint it brown and call it good! Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop...........

Maybe you could glue a little bit of cocunut hair to it as well??? I would definitely go with the plastic ones if it is a one time deal...I have a whole suitcase of Halloween costumes and only a couple have been used more than once....I am trying to cut back these days.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Mind Sprite
  • From Portland, Oregon
  • I'm just a round girl in a square world looking for a little peace of mind
My profile

Previous posts