« Home | Whoa, it's wi-fi! » | Getting to know........Mind Sprite! » | Sandango » | I'm a code writing fool » | Our mascot, Monkey, making friends with the octopus  » | The tower and castle. The tower has a winding pat... » | My friend the octupus  » | The completed castle  » | Here's me starting to carve the bridge with the oc... » | Starting to carve the castle, where the tee off wi... »

Winner's circle

I am proud to report that the Sandango sand sculpture team took first place in the master level competition in Ocean Shores, WA last weekend!!! They did a fabulous layout of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I did not get to carve, but was a member of the Sandango Bucket Brigade and carried LOTS of heavy buckts of water in support of the team. I will post some pictures when I get back home. And in future news, I will be an official carving member of the team in two weeks. I'm really excited about the opportunity but am intimidated to be working with master level sculptors, some of who actually do it for a living. I hope I do them proud!

Post the pictures. Post the pictures! They are so inspiring!!

That's so cool! I'm so impressed! I love sand sculptures! (And apparently exclamation marks... :)

I liked them too!!

I'll post them as soon as I can!

Wow, I bet you got a work out lugging all that water...congrats on the promotion, I am sure you will do awesome.

Unfortunately, there will be no "support" people at the next competition, so I will end up hauling buckets anyway! Oh well, it's good for developing "guns"!!!

Post a Comment