« Home | Winner's circle » | Whoa, it's wi-fi! » | Getting to know........Mind Sprite! » | Sandango » | I'm a code writing fool » | Our mascot, Monkey, making friends with the octopus  » | The tower and castle. The tower has a winding pat... » | My friend the octupus  » | The completed castle  » | Here's me starting to carve the bridge with the oc... »

I still work here!!!

OK, I know I work for a school and that hardly anyone is around during the summer. But the couple dozen who do work during the summer still need to EAT! It's bad enough that the food selection is pared down to one crummy juice bar that serves little more than smoothies and frozen yogurt, but at least have the mini chicken salad sandwiches every day. They have every kind they always have - turkey, ham, roast beef, tuna - except the one that I really, really want today. Tuna is not chicken salad and never will be!

That really sucks. At least our cafe doesn't close (although the fare is questionable). Plus we can take a short walk to billion places where you have to drive. Maybe you can give them a comment card saying:

Dear Juice Bar,
The Chicken Salad sandwiches run out all of the time because they are the best sandwiches. Please make more of those and less of the others.

Signed,

One of the 12 people that still work at the college during the summer.

I don't think they ran out today. I think they just didn't make any today. I love them because of the crunchy almonds in them!

Luckily there are a lot of conferences at my school over the summer so they keep the student center open. There's usually the hamburger line and one entree so not a huge amount of choices but still choices. It seems like whatever's at the entree line is better than usual, maybe because they are only preparing one meal so they can be fancier.

I'm happy to report that my beloved chicken salad sandwiches are back today. Woo hoo!

Post a Comment