« Home | p.s. » | Book Club » | Hibernation » | ARGH! » | Thanks to P'Nut for another fun Blogthing............ » | Band name » | Ugh » | Happy Holidaze! » | Snow Day!!! » | Inspiration »

Silence

I have just come to the sad realization that the place I have felt the most quiet solitude in I don't know how long is the women's restroom at work. Everywhere I go, there is noise and other people........phones ringing, coworkers talking incessantly at work;car tires on wet pavement, my whining belt on my car on the road; partner, roommate, cats, furnace at home. In our modern, technological society, how are we ever alone and quiet? A good friend of mine went on a 10-day silent meditation retreat at a Buddhist monastary. I thought at the time that the silence would drive me batty. Now it sounds like the most restful thing in the whole world. Maybe I don't need hibernation. Maybe I just need some blissful silence.