« Home | Hi, my name is Sprite........ » | Flying angels » | 90 questions » | Sticky fingers » | Deep fog » | Mixed bag » | Kiss kiss » | Birthday extravaganza! » | Batten down the hatches! » | Murphy's Law »

Inspiration

I don't write in my blog much because I rarely can think of something to say when I'm actually at a computer to type it. But while reading Dr. Oh's website, I was inspired by his page of quotes. I collect quotes constantly and keep them in notebooks, Word files, pages in my date book. I am going to post some of them, so that other people might glean some inspiration from them. So here is my first Quote of the Day/Week/Whatever..................... "A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." – Walter Gagehot For myself, I interpret this quote two ways. First, it is satisfying proving someone wrong who says you are not capable of something. The second, and more devious interpretation, is that it's fun to do something that you're not supposed to do because it's against the "rules". What do you think?

Absolutely to both interpretations. I enjoying pushing the boundries of what people expect me to be able to do, which is probably possibly why I am a bit OCD (sorry Joanne), and overly prepared for things and also why I pursued degrees in male dominated fields and enjoy sports and competition as much as I do.

Post a Comment