« Home | Plagiarism is fun! » | Private affairs » | MIA Makeup » | Good hair day gone bad » | Hobbit name » | Dog days » | Further adventures of coconuts » | Bliss » | Coconuts » | Technical "support" »

Laundromat etiquette

I went to the laundromat on Sunday, instead of my usual weeknight trip, so it was crowded. When I got there, there were six full washers that were done. I waited for ten minutes and finally this woman came and took her stuff out. It turned out that only five were full. She had closed the lid on a sixth and put her laundry basket on top of it, instead of leaving the lid open, like you are supposed to. I was sitting studying for an exam during my wash and I could see this woman sitting outside in her car, talking on a cell phone. Five minutes before her five dryers were done, she took off. Five minutes! I waited and waited. I starting talking about the situation to a guy that was there shortly before me. Turns out the done washers had sat there for at least a half hour before I got there, so she really left them for 40 minutes or more. He emptied one of her dryers for his own use. I waited a total of 10 minutes after they were done and did the same, with the help of a kind girl who felt my pain. I dried my clothes and folded all of them and this woman STILL hadn't come back. We are talking about leaving her dried clothes in five dryers (about half the ones there) for over an HOUR on a busy weekend afternoon. I was so peeved, I left her a note saying: "Please respect your fellow patrons and not leave your laundry in the dryers for over an hour, especially since you are using so many of them at once on a busy weekend day. Thank you." In the interest of human decency, I left off the "dumbass!!!!" that I really, really wanted to stick on the end! She's lucky all we did is put her stuff in a cart. I could have thrown them all in the parking lot in the pouring rain......

right on for leaving her a note. Some people would just leave pissed off.

I applaud you leaving her a note...she definitely deserved worse treatment than that...she is lucky that they didn't end up in the dumpster or worse...consideration seems to be in short supply these days.

I have that problem in my apartment building. I get up especially early on Sunday morning so that I'm sure I'm the first one up to get the washers & dryers and be done with the whole thing by 9:00. And yet, some mornings I get up and go to the dryers and they are full. And the clothes are cold so I know they've been in there awhile. I used to just be a wuss and just wait longer, now I take everything out and dump it on the table. I hate it when people are disrespectful like that!

Post a Comment