« Home | Laundromat etiquette » | Plagiarism is fun! » | Private affairs » | MIA Makeup » | Good hair day gone bad » | Hobbit name » | Dog days » | Further adventures of coconuts » | Bliss » | Coconuts »

Where, oh where, have my lips gone?

I went to the dentist today for a filling and they pulled a fast one one me --- they did two fillings! I told them that novocaine has no effect on me, so I think they gave me elephant tranquilizer instead. Two little fillings and I can't feel my tongue, my throat, any part of my lips, my right cheek up to my eye or the little part of your ear that sticks out closest to my cheek. It's been two hours and absolutely no return of feeling. I'm beginning to fear I will be permanently numb and sound like a mentally disabled person for the rest of my life :(

Last summer, I had my first shot experience with a dentist. I have decent teeth and have never had a filling, hence no shots. Let me tell you that waiting until you are thirty something to get a shot in the mouth is enough to cause cardiac arrest. After all this time, I had worked it into a huge deal.

Anyhow, just for karma's sake, I have to assume, I ended up at the end of three days of oral tinkering having had 9 shots of novacaine...I got kind of used to being numb after a while.

Of course those shots didn't compare at all to the pain I had a few weeks later letting a hygenist floss my teeth. It felt like she was cutting my teeth out with piano wire. I had tears leaking out the whole time and no pain killer in sight.

I highly recommend a walkman with the most mellow, soothing music you can think of every time you need to go to the dentist! Unfortunately I forgot mine this trip. It took over four hours just for me to feel my lips a little. That was some powerful good dope they gave me!

Post a Comment