« Home | I still work here!!! » | Winner's circle » | Whoa, it's wi-fi! » | Getting to know........Mind Sprite! » | Sandango » | I'm a code writing fool » | Our mascot, Monkey, making friends with the octopus  » | The tower and castle. The tower has a winding pat... » | My friend the octupus  » | The completed castle  »

I want summer vacation!!!

One of the very worst things about working at an institution of higher learning is when all the highly paid, well respected faculty get the summer off and I have to slave away in my frigid, air conditioned office while looking out the window at the sunshine I don't get to enjoy. (My apologies to Chicken, who has no windows and works in the Artic Circle.) I went to lunch with one of my faculty friends for her birthday and was surrounded by instructors talking about traveling, sleeping in, reading books and taking swimming lessons all summer. I had to get up from the table first and go back to work. It sucked! I want a real summer vacation. What's the good of working at a school if I don't get that?!? **sigh**

I'm with you Chicken Boo. Lukcily the Artic Circle hasn't been as bad this year. The cave is driving me nuts with the no sun action.

I'm not convinced having windows is a good thing. At least if you don't see the sun, you don't know what you're missing!

True True

We get to wear jeans all summer because the students are gone?

We're still not supposed to wear jeans in our office. We can wear shorts or jean skirts, but not jean pants. I do anyway from time to time. Bwaaaahahaaaa!!!

I don't know if I would like working at a school during the summer...it seems like it would get pretty lonely...don't feel too bad though, they already have back to school stuff out at most stores...

Post a Comment