« Home | I want a cracker! » | Tally ho! » | States I've visited » | My cyborg name » | Pardon me? » | Not so difficult choices » | Sticky fingers » | This is more like it! » | What kind of appliance are you? » | It's all relative »

The Cold That Will Not Die!

I have been infected with a super bug, a pesky virus, The Cold That Will Not Die! It has now been 8 days and I have tried everything! Hot tea, chicken soup, Emergen-C, Zycam, Dayquil, Nyquil, Sudafed, Robotussin, cough drops of three kinds, Benadryl (that usually knocks me out like an elephant tranquilizer) and even cough syrup with coedine. Nothing knocks this sucker out! Inevitably, at about 1:00 in the morning, I get a tickle in my throat and I cough and wheeze and choke for the next two hours. How the heck am I supposed to go to work when I spend two hours out of every evening wandering around like a zombie coughing my head off??? I am starting to think I will have this cold for the rest of my life. ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I have one more idea for you. Drink it out. If it isn't gone by Friday get a bottle of rum and make some strong ass drinks. Liquor will kill everything. You may be hungover the next day but the cold will be gone.

If this thing ain't gone by Friday, I will take you up on that idea! Even if the cold is still there, I won't care anymore!!!

Maybe it's post nasal drip. I had that once and it gave me a sore throat. It was due to allergies caused by the smoke from wildfires here (L.A.). The doctor gave me a steroidal nose spray that cleared it up in a day.

That sucks that you are sick, I hate that feeling in the middle of the night. I try not to take too many meds when I am sick except for at night. I take Nyquil because I figure the only way I am going to get better is if I get some sleep and Nyquil gives me that, along with medication for 10 different things that I usually don't have...

Hope you feel better soon.

Post a Comment