« Home | zzzzzzzzz » | There they are! » | Where, oh where, have my lips gone? » | Laundromat etiquette » | Plagiarism is fun! » | Private affairs » | MIA Makeup » | Good hair day gone bad » | Hobbit name » | Dog days »

Sand sculpture

This weekend, I will be doing my second ever sand sculpture. Unlike the last one, which was only an exhibition, this one will be a competition. My hunny and I will be working with another friend. Our design is a fantasy golf course. The bunker (where you tee off, I guess - I know almost nothing about golf) will be on the top of a castle. There are three holes. The first is in the middle of a sand trap that has claws coming out of the sand. The second is on a hill with a dragon encircling it. And the last (and the one I want to primarily work on) is on in island in the water hazard that is inhabited by a giant octopus. One of his legs will go under the water and the end will be sticking out of the hole itself. There will also be assorted arms and claws coming out of the rough and other areas with footprints ending in "drag" marks off into the forest. We're calling it Early Extreme Golf, or something like that. It's quite an ambitious design that we have to pull off in less than five hours and we aren't using any forms, so we will be packing everything in piles. The worst part is we are leaving Portland at 6:00am, so I will be lucky to be awake enough to shovel sand, much less carve the details on a maurading octupus!

I think that is a really cool idea!! I can't wait to see pictures.

Awesome, I would like to try that sometime.

It's a lot of fun. I don't know if they do that sort of thing on the East coast. I don't know if your sand over on the East coast is good for sculpting.

I'm trying to talk Chicken into doing one with me next weekend. Prod her a little, will ya?!

That's so cool! I've always wanted to do that but I have no skills when it comes to that sort of art. My sculpture would look more like a blob than what I was trying to go for.

Post a Comment