« Home | I want summer vacation!!! » | I still work here!!! » | Winner's circle » | Whoa, it's wi-fi! » | Getting to know........Mind Sprite! » | Sandango » | I'm a code writing fool » | Our mascot, Monkey, making friends with the octopus  » | The tower and castle. The tower has a winding pat... » | My friend the octupus  »

Disappointing results

Ok, we didn't do so well at the sand sculpture competition this weekend. In our defense, our two best carvers weren't there, we had an hour less time and the quality of the sand wasn't nearly as good. The figures that were so great last time - Charlie and the blueberry girl - didn't have the same polish and punch as last time. We also had a structural failure. The tower above the factory, with the nice "WONKA" lettering, collapsed and sheared off a corner of the piece. We recovered as best we could, but we took third (out of three teams). I feel like I did a good job on what I worked on and that I rose to the occasion of my first master's level competition. I was just really bummed that we didn't do better. I feel like a sore loser because I'm still bummed about it. I think another thing that disappointed me was there was no feeling of team spirit. Last time, we all huddled before the competition started and vowed to have fun in one of those hands-together, "go team!" kind of moments. We also went out to dinner the night before and after the competition to celebrate. This time there was no huddle, no group meals and everyone just drifted off afterwards. I missed that collaborative spirit. In the end, I learned alot and enjoyed the experience and I guess that is what is important. I still want to carve sand and keep improving my abilities.

I am sorry chicken. The team will do better next time.

Yeah, maybe everyone was a bit bummed about the results and wanted to get out of there to lick their wounds. I hope you have fun next time.

Post a Comment