« Home | 30 days is 30 days » | BOO! » | Moving » | The secret is out » | Land of the living » | The Cold That Will Not Die! » | I want a cracker! » | Tally ho! » | States I've visited » | My cyborg name »

Murphy's Law

Why is it that appliances wait until it is late and you are super busy and don't have time to deal with them to do their death throes? I took some laundry over to the new house to get done while we were painting our soon to be new shared bedroom and the damn washer died. It would not rinse or drain, so I had a tub full of sopping wet, soapy clothes. I can't leave them in there because they will mildew. So instead of going home and getting a good night's sleep in preparation of massive packing tomorrow, I had to spend a half hour rinsing them out in the bathtub and wringing them out (with my painting-sore hands) to get them in the dryer. Damn Murphy and his inconvenient laws!!!