« Home | 90 questions » | Sticky fingers » | Deep fog » | Mixed bag » | Kiss kiss » | Birthday extravaganza! » | Batten down the hatches! » | Murphy's Law » | 30 days is 30 days » | BOO! »

Flying angels

Reading Chicken's and Mishka's posts about holiday memories made me think of my own favorite memories. When I was a kid, my whole extended family - aunts & uncles, cousins - used to go to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve. My grandpa had made a tree topper of three different colored angels that flew around the top of the tree. I can remember laying on the couch with my head in my mom's lap just watching those angels fly around and around. When I was older, I got to distribute all the presents (there are perks to being the youngest grandchild and the only girl!) And later in the evening, all 20 or so of us would gather around the huge dining room table and play a rowdy game of Uno. I really miss my grandparents around Christmas time. They sure made the holiday special for this little girl!

What a great memory! UNO one of my favorite games!

It's great to have memories like that...

We should play UNO, chicken!

Thanks, Ian. Of course, every time I see your picture now, I think of a certain body part calling me up ;)

Grandparents are awesome for that kind of stuff. We used to have traditions like that when I was a kid too...of course as everyone grows up and moves away, the traditions get lost and are harder to get back to.

We used to pick a "Santa" on Christmas morning, and they had to wear the hat and hand out all the gifts. I have a Santa hat of my own now but I am the only one that will ever wear it.

Post a Comment