« Home | Kiss kiss » | Birthday extravaganza! » | Batten down the hatches! » | Murphy's Law » | 30 days is 30 days » | BOO! » | Moving » | The secret is out » | Land of the living » | The Cold That Will Not Die! »

Mixed bag

The holiday season is now officially upon us and with it comes the mixed bag of emotions I always get this time of year. I love Christmas with the lights and music and festivities. I love being creative with gifts and wrapping and trying to figure out what will delight by family and friends. I enjoy the warm fires and hot chocolate and having an excuse to see all my dear ones. But then there is the flip side of spending too much money, not having time to do all the things I want to do, and family members that don't get along. Not to mention it is pitch black by the time I get to leave work and I feel like a bear looking for a cave to hibernate in. I seem to be on a roller coaster of elation and apathy. I guess all I want for Christmas is a personal shopper, family counselor and a winning lottery ticket! Happy Holidays everyone!

Um I want to crawl into a dark hole and hide until it is all over. I guess I would feel differently if I had money and time to buy gifts and spend with family and friends.

I could deal with either having enough money or having enough time. I'm not even asking for both! But I don't have either and it makes me crazy every year. I say I'm going to start shopping/crafting early every year to spread the cost and work, but I am lazy and never do!

It will get better...

Post a Comment