« Home | UGH » | Freudian slip? » | Music of Life » | I'd like to thank the Academy...... » | Stealth blogger » | Home, Sweet, Home! » | Almost there » | Positive signs » | The waiting game continues.......... » | I'm mobile »

Where are my binoculars?

Just a little update on the work laptop. They finally got my docking station set up and got my big 19" flat screen monitor hooked up to the laptop. The only problem is that the monitor is so far away, I practically need binoculars to actually read it. From my lap, there is the keyboard.....laptop....docking station....and then the monitor. It's about three feet away from where I'm sitting! I figured the solution was to get the monitor stand that goes up and over it (like my boss has). I spent 40 minutes this morning on Dell's website trying to order one. I could find a technical support document that had pictures and descriptions of exactly what I wanted, but not the product listing anywhere. I called customer service and they referred me to our sales rep, or rather her voice mail. I finally got some tech support guy on a chat line and he found the part number for me. As a side note, I don't know what the point of paying extra for 2nd Day Delivery is when it won't ship out for four days. This is the second time I've run into this with Dell. Last time, they charged me express shipping twice because they sent my order in two shipments. I wouldn't deal with this morons except our company has a contract with them and I have no choice.

Fed Ex are no better with the shipping. They only deliever (here) Mon - Fri 9-5 and expect you to take time off work to be there for them!

I hate when you have to sign for something and they are only open during business hours. At least this thing will go to our Receiving department and they will deliver it right to my desk.

Post a Comment