« Home | Positive signs » | The waiting game continues.......... » | I'm mobile » | Update » | Deep breaths » | The silver lining » | WOW » | Don't fence me in! » | Four Things » | Biorhythms »

Almost there

All signs are looking good for the house. I realized I never posted the whole story. Unbeknownst to everyone, include the seller's agent, the seller owed $5000 in back child support. The state had put a lien on the property so he couldn't sell without paying up. The proceeds of the house will only cover $2500 of it. It was looking like we might have to beg the two realtors to reduce their fees (some more) and cough up some cash to get the house. BUT the escrow agent (Ryan, I adore you!) got the state to take the $2500 and release the property, as long as the ex-wife signed off on it. Last I heard, she was in the process of doing that. So by all appearances, it's a matter of finishing up the paperwork and filing the deed or title or whatever at the courthouse and the house will be ours. I know I should be elated by this news, but I am still cautiously optimistic. This has been such an ordeal. I don't think I'll trust it until they hand us the keys!

Good! I hope you get the keys soon.

Good luck...dead beat dad huh? Hope the ex wife gets her money from him somehow...

Post a Comment