« Home | Stealth blogger » | Home, Sweet, Home! » | Almost there » | Positive signs » | The waiting game continues.......... » | I'm mobile » | Update » | Deep breaths » | The silver lining » | WOW »

I'd like to thank the Academy......

I have just been recommended by a second person to our Big Boss to replace his admin. I'm flattered that my work is appreciated, since I often feel like a cog in a wheel that nobody cares about. Too bad I'm not interested in the job!!!! I would go from an active administrative assistant with a lot of freedom and responsibility to a glorified secretary doing little more than scheduling meetings and travel arrangements. I would be bored within the week and would have an even harder time resisting things like internet surfing and blogging (HA HA!) all day. But still, it's nice to be thought of so highly!

Well that is nice but I know what you mean.

I concur.

But think of the money :)

It wouldn't really be much more money. Maybe $100 more a month. Is it worth the brain drain?

From my favorite movie, Office Space:

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

This truly is the job I currently have! There's something to be said about having time to blog at work.

Savor it...
- Sublime

PS - Thanks for all your answers at The Big Question!

I LOVE that movie! And I relate to that quote. But the odds of getting caught goofing off would be much higher there!

p.s. I love the Big Question!

Post a Comment