« Home | The silver lining » | WOW » | Don't fence me in! » | Four Things » | Biorhythms » | Tight squeeze » | Color me crazy! » | Curse you, diaphragm » | Silence » | p.s. »

Deep breaths

The house we are buying is a short sale, meaning the seller is trying to sell it cheap in order to beat foreclosure. This has led to more than our share of headaches during the buying process. The latest demand was that we move up the closing date from the 17th (Friday) to the 13th (Monday). We were concerned about losing a whole week to close, but our loan officer assured us it was doable. Our realtor told us we would be signing on Wednesday or Thursday, in order to close on Monday. I called the loan officer Wednesday morning and heard nothing all day. It was frustrating and discouraging. We were on pins and needles all day. As we understand it, if we don’t sign today, we won’t have time to close and the whole deal will fall through, leaving us out about $600 and a month of house hunting time. I am trying to stay positive, but I’m getting really anxious. So today, when the pressure starts getting to me, I’m going to take deep breaths and go here, to my “happy place”……….

Any news? Keep in that happy place!

It's such a lovely happy place! I really, really wish I were there today, especially since it's actually sunny for a change.

Post a Comment