« Home | Unscheduled bliss » | PAIN! » | Here are pictures from the last competition in Oce... » | Disappointing results » | I want summer vacation!!! » | I still work here!!! » | Winner's circle » | Whoa, it's wi-fi! » | Getting to know........Mind Sprite! » | Sandango »

Going home to Cali

I am going to Southern California next month. I grew up there and haven't been there in five years. I really don't like it there and wouldn't have paid the money ($270!!!!) and taken the vacation, but literally every member of my extended family was going to make my aunt & uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party but ME. I felt guilty and left out, so after bumming some money off my mom, I'm going down. Now, there are several people that I would love to see, including some of my cousins who I haven't seen in ten years. But there are many, many reasons I don't want to go. Including: 1 - It's hot. Upper 90's all this week 2 - It's smoggy. I can't breathe there and it feels like some fat, smelly guy is sitting on my lungs 3 - It's brown......the hills, the air, the houses, the people. Not the place for a tree-hugging, lily white Irish girl 4 - Traffic. How many people can you cram in a square mile, anyway? 5 - It's hot. Oh wait, I already mentioned that 6 - My boyfriend can't go. Now I know this is silly and it's only a few days, but I know I would enjoy it so much more if he were there. What can I say, I'm a sap and I'm apparently nuts for the guy! I suppose there's no use dwelling on the negatives as I have already bought my ticket and there's no going back (or rather, staying here). I will see my whole entire family, visit my oldest friends and hopefully get a piece of Chocolate Motherload cake (six layers of rich, gooey goodness) at Claim Jumper's while I'm there. Hell, I might eat at In-N-Out Burger and email my ex-husband to rub it in!!!

It's hot everywhere right now. Some places in the mid-west definitely have it worse than we do. At least we have low humidity.

You absolutely have to go to In and Out...it is a requirement for anyone who formerly lived in So Cal and now doesn't....plus they scored well on "SuperSize Me"...do it, just do it....

True enough. It was 96 in Portland yesterday, but at least there was a breeze.

So, Michelle, how long would it take me to get from San Bernardino to Covina on Monday about 10am? I have no idea how far anything is there anymore.

And yes, I will go to In-N-Out. I am staying with my high school friend and we ate there all the time our senior year. I love their shakes.

Well, Monday at 10 AM is a good time for travel since morning traffic should be pretty clear by then. I have no idea how long it will take - I like to stick close to the ocean and that is too far east for me - but at the time of day, however long Google Maps or Mapquest tells you it will take is probably pretty accurate. If this journey takes you through Azusa, you should NOT be tempted to stop and the In-N-Out there. We stopped at that one on our way to Palm Springs a few weeks ago and it was crap! It was the only In-N-Out I have ever been to that was anything less than stellar.

Thanks, Michelle. I think I will stop at In-N-Out right after I get in at the airport, if they are still open at 11:30 at night on a Friday :)

I'll miss ya chicken!!

Post a Comment